Job vacancy: National Policy and Research Adviser
Anglicare Australia is looking to recruit a motivated and thoughtful person to join our team, beginning immediately.
The Anglicare Australia national office supports and coordinates the joint social policy, research and advocacy activities of the network of 34 independent, faith-based social service member organisations across the country.
Anglicare Australia has as its Mission “to engage with all Australians to create communities of resilience, hope and justice”. Our first strategic goal charges us with reaching this by “influencing social and economic policy across Australia… informed by research and the practical experience of the Anglicare Australia network”.
- Contribute to Anglicare Australia’s policy analysis and advocacy, such as through the preparation of written submissions to government inquiries, policy statements, and more.
- Liaise with external bodies on behalf of Anglicare Australia.
- Facilitate and coordinate research and other projects to highlight experience of vulnerable and disadvantaged people and inform our work.
- Monitor and provide analysis of developments in policy areas that affect disadvantaged people, and Anglicare Australia members’ services.
- Gather and facilitate information sharing within the Anglicare network on issues and activities (external and internal) pertinent to our members’ needs and interests.
Essential selection criteria
- Demonstrated research and policy development skills, knowledge and experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly for a variety of purposes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to interact professionally and confidently with a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a small team.
- Dedication to helping progress Anglicare Australia’s social advocacy agenda.
- An appreciation of and the ability to work with and promote the values of Anglicare Australia and its member agencies.
- Qualifications in a relevant field of tertiary education, such as social sciences, public policy, economics.
- Knowledge of social and economic policy in relation to the provision of community services and aged care in Australia.
- Experience working in or with the community sector.
- Anglicare Australia is an equal opportunity employer, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Further information and applying
If you would like to join us, click here to download the full position description and selection criteria. Applications should address the selection criteria, and be sent to [email protected] by Friday 19 February 2021. Interviews will be held on Thursday 25 February 2021.
If you would like more information about the role, contact Kasy Chambers, Executive Director, on 02 6230 1775.