Anglicare Australia has called on the Government to rule out any further cuts to income support in its submission to the 2018-19 Federal Budget.
The context for the next Federal Budget is an Australia facing growing inequality, and where the cost of living is rising faster than wages or income support. But instead of strengthening the safety net and improving support to those who need it the most, recent budgets have focused on measures that drive increasing inequality and disadvantage in Australia. We have called on the Government to reverse this trend.
Anglicare Australia also made recommendations in the following areas:
- Strengthening the Safety Net
- Supporting Aged Care Reform
- Ensuring the NDIS Meets People’s Needs
- Real action on Homelessness and Housing Affordability
- Out-of-Home Care That Doesn’t Leave People Behind
- Creating New Jobs in Disability and Human Services.
to download our submission.